Business/Economy

COVID-19 Updates: India reports 35,875 New Cases and 369 Deaths

COVID-19 Updates: India reports 35,875 New Cases and 369 Deaths

India reported 35,875 new cases of Covid-19 and 369 new deaths in the last 24 hours. With the addition of the new numbers, the total case tally amounts to over 3.30 crore (3,30,96,718) and the total death toll has increased to more than 4.41 lakh (4,41,411). 39,114 patients recovered in the same period while the total number of currently active cases is 3.91 lakh.

Of the 35,875 new cases and 369 deaths, Kerala reported 25,772 cases and 189 deaths yesterday.

Mumbai Mayor, Kishori Pednekar, said on Tuesday that, the third wave of Covid was already here. She offered clarification of her statement a couple of hours later. “In Nagpur, it has already been announced and everyone should be mindful and take care.”  She later issued a press release which explained her statement further, that the third wave of Covid was on the ‘threshold of Mumbai.’

The Mumbai Civic Body has issued strict Covid-19 guidelines for the Ganpati festival that begins this Friday to help curb the spread of the virus. They have banned the physical darshans for devotees at public pandals and have restricted the number of people in processions during the celebrations. In the wake of the rising Covid numbers and the fear of the third wave, they have appealed to the citizens to celebrate the festival in a simple and eco-friendly manner. 

There are 196 government centers in Pune that are ready to offer 31,140 vaccinations, free of cost.  70 percent of the vaccines that will be administered there, will be the second dose, the remaining 30 percent being the first dose individuals.

The Kerala Chief Minister, Pinarayi Vijayan, has decided to do away with night curfew and Sunday lockdown restrictions in the state.

The Union Health Ministry reported that 70.31 crore vaccine doses have been provided to the states and UT’s and more than eight lakh doses are in the pipeline. 

The number of single-day recoveries in Arunachal Pradesh has surpassed the number of new infections reported in the state. The state recorded 88 more recoveries than the 66 new cases, the department of the Health Ministry reported.

The total number of Covid-19 vaccines administered in the country has crossed the 70 crore mark; the last 10 crore vaccines have been given in 13 days, the fastest so far, the Union Health Ministry reported.